Wednesday, December 5, 2012

And so it begins

Dear Daisy,
I have decided to write a blog in your honor and so I can get out my feelings as I embark on my life journey without you. I guess I should start at the beginning of it all..

I have always wanted children. Lots and lots of children. Your creation was carefully calculated. We decided to try to conceive a child that would be due once I graduated from nursing school. Which meant your father and I waited for 6 years for you. I'm pretty for sure I waited my whole life. Anyways it took us 6 months for you to be made. Probably due to the stresses that came along with nursing school. But 6 months seemed like a lifetime after waiting for 6 years. In march we found out we were going to be your parents. I have never been so thrilled in my life. I wanted to shout to the world "FINALLY I AM GOING TO BE A MOMMY!!" But I didn't, we decided to wait until we were "in the clear" and you were at 12 weeks gestation. So on Mother's Day we gave everyone cards with your ultrasound picture on it. Everyone was so excited about you!! Finally my parents were going to be grandparents and your Daddy's mom will become a grandmother again (it had been 10 years since your cousin Bailey was born).  Everything was falling into place for us. It seemed like nothing could ever go wrong again. I couldn't wait until November.

So, thats the beginning of your story, my love. My whole world revolved around you from day one. Actually even before we knew of you. I still can't believe that I am your Mommy. Such a beautiful angel in Heaven is mine. I miss you everyday. There's a piece of me missing until we meet again. A hole that's been left in my heart. But I'll see you one day baby girl. I promise you that. Until then I'll write to you. Watch over me and your Daddy.

In my heart always,
Your Mommy
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment