Sunday, December 23, 2012

My Grown-up Christmas Wish

Dear Daisy,
I gave birth to you 6 weeks ago yesterday. It seems like a lifetime ago. As Christmas approaches I start to feel sadder. I should have you here with me. We should be doing all the Christmas candy baking together. It just doesn't seem fair. I'm so lonely for you. My friends and family ask me what I want for Christmas. Nothing anyone could ever give me. Just you. I want my sweet baby girl back and healthy. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the whole situation. But like the Grinch thought         

"Maybe Christmas, he thought... doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas, perhaps... means a little bit more!"

It's not about stuff. It's about being close to the ones you love. I hope all the Mommies who have their babies with them this year hold them tight. Nothing in life is guaranteed..

Your pictures came in yesterday. You take my breath away angel. You are so beautiful its hard to believe you are mine. I haven't stopped looking at your pictures since receiving them. It's one of the few things I have left of you. 36 pictures that mean the world to your Mommy. It's the closest thing I could get to my Christmas wish. I know I can't have you back but seeing your face makes me so happy. Your Daddy seemed to have a hard time seeing you again. I know he would do anything to get you back for me. We love you so very much.Watch over Mommy and Daddy sweet princess.

I love you so much it hurts,
Your Mommy
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment